Recruitment Consultant (part time or full time, flexible) Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 (pro rata for part time) + benefits.
Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org closing date 27th March 2017
Hours: Full time or part time 9.30 am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
This is an exciting, demanding role for an individual with a sales focussed, recruitment agency approach to placing unemployed young people and adults into Employment. You will provide a vital link between Employers and unemployed candidates. You will contact Employers to source job vacancies for unemployed people in all of Action West London’s projects.
The Recruitment Consultant Role involves:
- Engaging with employers to source vacancies for unemployed young men (16-24 years) and adults (25+ years).
- Working closely with DWP managers and staff in West London Job centres
- Developing a range of approaches to employer engagement including addressing diversity policies and practices among companies and businesses.
- using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking in order to attract job vacancies from Employers; contacting and visiting Employers to secure work trials, internships, apprenticeships and jobs, building and developing relationships with Employers and networks (e.g. West London Business and Chambers of Commerce) –companies and SME’s in the private, public, and voluntary sector.
- developing a good understanding of employment sectors, Employers’ companies and their expectations of employees
- attending recruitment fairs and activities as required
- Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers
- Building candidate databases to match the right person to Employers’ vacancies
- Receiving referrals of unemployed young people and adults from Action West London staff and supporting them with CV improvements, confidence building and job applications , managing applications, interviews and tests ; requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting details to the Employer
- Briefing candidate about companies, companies expectations, responsibilities, salary and opportunities provided
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to Employers on behalf of candidates
- Organising interviews for candidates as requested by employers and ‘prepping’ candidates before Job interviews.
- Confirming pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between Employers and candidates;
- ‘In work’ support for candidates and employers once a job has been secured
- Achieving targets to place young people and adults into employment.
- At all times operating according to Action West London’s Equal opportunities Policy and Practice
- Any other duties as may be assigned.
Responsible to: Operations and Business Development Manager, Action West London. Action West London has 17 staff with offices in Acton and outreach venues in West London.
JOB SPECIFICATION: QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- have strong negotiation and sales skills, with demonstrated ability to work in a target, results driven environment and/or commercial recruitment agency.
- have ability to be self-motivated, manage own work and work as part of a team and take responsibility for developments.
- need to be confident in ‘cold calling’ and face to face negotiations with employers to open up job opportunities
- need to be aware of the barriers to employment faced by young people and adults from diverse, inner city communities.
- need to be aware of issues employers may need to address to ensure that employment opportunities are made available
- be highly motivated, committed and persistent, with a track record of employer engagement and recruitment delivering employment opportunities
- have at least 2 years successful professional experience of working in a recruitment agency or employer engagement role with a thorough understanding of recruitment agency procedures, databases, vacancy matching processes.
- have an understanding of the barriers to employment, education and training faced by young black men.
- have experience of working with SME’s and companies to source vacancies for unemployed young people and adults .
- have excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiating and networking skills.
- have experience (or demonstrated ability) of working with volunteers.
- have ability to work under pressure and to deadlines and to travel locally and work flexible hours as required
Action West London is an established and well regarded charity and social enterprise currently delivering a number of 'payment by results' and other contracts helping disadvantaged adults and young people into employment.