Reward : £200/day plus negotiable bonus on reaching targets
Contract duration : 6 months initial –number of days per week to be agreed – with opportunities for a longer-term duration.
Location: Action West London offices in Acton, West London and able to travel to meet clients and candidates, as required
Recruitment manager responsibilities
The role will report to the Operations and Business Development Manager and will be required:
- To set up and manage a recruitment service initially filling 10-20 vacancies, through the attraction and selection process and submitting good candidates to the client organisation
- To undertake marketing and research with companies in West London, research the local job market and build up knowledge and direct contacts with local employers
- To compile a list of companies and businesses in West London who would be interested in hiring local people and/or people from diverse backgrounds.
- To build a trust and results-based relationship with corporate clients & able to put in place a ‘win win’ initial agreement/contract
- To advise on processes required to establish a recruitment agency
- To produce financial forecasts for developing the agency over the next 1-3 years
- To leverage the existing recruitment processes & channels of the charity (that it uses to place people through Work Programme contracts) and able to put in place cost-effective, fit for purpose processes & systems where there are gaps
- To monitor and understand relevant employment legislation and implement required changes to keep the recruitment process compliant
- To manage internal stakeholders, and collaborate with colleagues to support goals
- To report progress and results on a weekly basis.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as required
- To ensure that all activities adhere to Action West London’s Equal Opportunities policies
Key skills and experience required
- Have strong account management, communication, people and commercial negotiation skills (essential)
- Candidate attraction skills through a variety of channels (e.g. job boards, social media) (essential)
- Effective job Interviewing kills (essential)
- Be pragmatic, a self-starter and be results-oriented (essential)
- Existing relationships with West London client organisations/companies (desirable)
- Be interested in how the third sector and diversity can support workforce and wider organisational goals (desirable)
- Degree-educated and/or Foundation or Intermediate CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Experience in roles of similar responsibilities (essential), ideally in a business with REC (The Recruitment & Employment Confederation) membership
About Action West London visit (www.actionwestlondon.org.uk)
- Established in 1998 Action West London’s Mission is ‘changing lives through Employment, Education, Enterprise’. We do this through a wide range of projects. Our business model is a social enterprise as we want to generate sufficient earned income to deliver our charitable objectives and mission.
- We have a highly successful track record of delivering contracts including ‘payment by results’. We deliver around 10 contracts each year including the Work programme, Employment support, ESOL, IT, and SFA youth contracts.
- We also promote self-employment, business and social enterprise start-ups through stalls at Acton Street Market and social enterprise advice and support.
- We work in partnership with other charities, social enterprises, local authorities, public sector bodies and private sector companies.
- We have an experienced and knowledgeable team covering West London.
- Our Awards and Quality Marks include Matrix, EdXcel, Greenmark, Fundraising Standards Board, Social Enterprise Mark, DTA national ‘Community Enterprise Award’, Big Society Award 2013, London Youth Quality award.
- We are establishing a separate fee-based recruitment agency business, the profits of which will support the other charitable activities of Action West London
- The vision for the recruitment agency is to blend great personalised service, our deep local knowledge, a strong focus on diversity and inclusion and our ability to help organisations grow their community and social purpose
- We will match great local people in the West London market to opportunities from West London employers in the following areas:retail, sales, warehouse, construction, hospitality, care services, skilled trade and office administration, including first jobs for graduates
- We now need an interim recruitment manager to help set up the agency, secure clients and candidates and start to grow the business – a very exciting opportunity for the right individual!
How to Apply:
Contact: Gary Buckley, Operations & Business Development Manager