Customer Adviser/Administrator- Youth Projects
Post Title: Customer Services Officer
Reporting to: Youth Contracts Manager
Closing Date: Ongoing. Apply ASAP
Location: The post will be based at Action West London’s office in Unit 8, Swainson Road, Acton W3 7UP. However, if required, the post holder should be prepared to work at different Action West London locations.
Responsible for: Customer Service and Administration
Overall purpose The role involves providing and coordinating customer service and administrative arrangements for the various Employment and Training services delivered by Action West London.
(i) Project and office administration:
- To provide administrative support to the Youth Contract manager and AWL project staff.
- To be responsible for collecting data, entering it on database/CRM system and producing reports as required
- To collate data required for Project reports to funders, to assist Project staff by data collection and to provide information and reports as requested.
- To ensure that all ESF and other funders paperwork and evidence requirements are fulfilled.
- To use social media to promote projects.
- To track progress of young people and adults on the projects by phone, e mail, text and personal contact.
- To assist with recruitment of young people and adults to the project
- To assist in engaging with employers to source work experience and job vacancies
- To assist the Youth Contracts manager by arranging meetings and appointments, administering petty cash and recording and monitoring financial expenditure of the projects
- To liaise with organizations, local authorities, Employers, Job Centre, Colleges, Universities and other agencies’ staff.
- To follow all administrative and monitoring requirements for AWL projects.
- To act as initial point of contact for young people and adults who contact AWL and/or visit the project; register them using required forms .
- To register all young people and adults on ‘myworksearch’ software.
- To oversee job search and other activities of young people and adults as required.
(ii) Other duties:
- To act as key ccoordinator for recruitment, processing and administrative procedures for volunteers including DBS checks and references
- To issue office supplies to staff and to maintain an inventory of equipment purchased.
- To act as Health and Safety, Risk Management and Fire regulations site officer and to assist with Action West London Health and Safety duties.
- To ensure the office is managed efficiently, displaying posters and relevant Health and Safety information.
- To supervise when appropriate apprentices, seasonal staff and volunteers
To ensure that at all times all duties are undertaken under strict conditions of confidentiality.
To ensure that at all times all duties are undertaken under Action West London’s Equal Opportunities policy.
- Education—Diploma /Undergraduate level
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office
- Empathy with young people and adults and able to engage positively withthem
- Skilled in entering data on to databases
- Skilled in attention to detail and administrative requirements
- Capable of working on own initiative
- Able to multi- task
- Supportive of Action West London’s Mission and Values (www.actionwestlondon.org.uk)
How to Apply:
Contact: Laura Harris, Youth Contracts manager
Tel No.: 0208 735 4762